John and Vanessa often receive spam emails from companies they have never heard of. They wonder how the new GDPR protects their rights:
As can be seen, these GDPR ‘consumer rights’ in this infographic include:
- The mentioned right to data portability.
- The data subject’s right to access to information.
- The right of correction, technically known as the right to rectification.
- The also mentioned right to be forgotten (erasure).
- The rights in the scope of consent (if that’s the legal ground for processing).