The obligations of the employer are very wide (López):
- The employer is responsible for determining the Collective Agreement used in the working relation between employer and employee.
- They are also responsible for respecting all rights included in the Workers Statute Law.
- They need to adjust to the General Law of Social Security, including points such as inscribing the worker on the Social Security.
- Comply with the Law of Prevention of Occupational Hazards.
According to the Workers Statute Law, workers have as basic obligations (BOE 2017):
- Accomplish the concrete obligations of the working position
- Observe any labour risk prevention measures adopted
- Follow orders of the employer related to the regular commanding of their directive faculties
- Do not concur with the activity of the company
- Contribute to the improvement of productivity
- Anything derived of the concrete labour contract